We’re hiring! Sales and Production Assistant, please apply
Part-time and full-time positions available
Location: 829 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON
With the holiday season approaching, Alicja Confections is looking for enthusiastic and reliable people who have a passion for small business, sales, and sweets!
Alicja Confections has grown into a thriving Ottawa small business. This seasonal position is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable sales training and experience, and learn all about chocolate!
The ideal candidate must be:
- Passionate about providing an amazing shopping experience that will encourage customers to return.
- Enthusiastic about selling a quality product.
- Dedicated to providing a great customer experience.
- Energetic and enjoy meeting new people.
- Excited about working in a team setting.
- Flexible and able to work a variety of hours.
- Mindful and serious about food and health safety RE: COVID-19.
What you'll be doing:
- Greeting customers; you'll greet customers and help them with their needs as soon as they walk in.
- Work the register; you'll process transactions and use your sales training to drive add on sales.
- Production help; you'll help prepare chocolate and other ingredients for production, as well as package finished products.
- General store maintenance; you'll wash dishes, mop floors, and help maintain general cleanliness in the store as well as maintain our COVID-19 safety and cleaning protocols.
All successful applicants must have:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, as well as move boxes of merchandise that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- A passion for selling and people!
Our training will teach you everything you need to know about chocolate to succeed in your position. You will be able to successfully operate the shop in the absence of management. Sales incentives and bonuses are available, as well as staff discounts.
Opportunities for a permanent position are available once the contract as ended.
Previous retail experience is preferred but not required. Bilingualism is a strong asset.
Help us make Ottawa a little bit sweeter!
Contract length: 3 months
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Application deadline: 2020-10-11
Expected start date: 2020-10-21
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $14.00-$16.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Our shop is currently closed to the public and set to reopen early October. We have safety and cleaning protocols in place and take safety extremely seriously at this time.
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ottawa, ON (Required)