Part-time and full-time positions available
Location: 829 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON
Alicja Confections is looking for enthusiastic and reliable people who have a passion for small business, sales, and sweets!
Alicja Confections has grown into a thriving Ottawa small business. This position is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable sales training and experience, as well as grow with a small business with opportunities to advance.
The ideal candidate must be:
- Passionate about providing an amazing shopping experience that will encourage customers to return.
- Enthusiastic about selling a quality product.
- Dedicated to providing a great customer experience.
- Energetic and enjoy meeting new people.
- Excited about working in a team setting.
What you'll be doing:
- Greeting customers; you'll greet customers and help them with their needs as soon as they walk in.
- Work the register; you'll process transactions and use your sales training to drive add on sales.
- Production help; you'll help prepare chocolate and other ingredients for production, as well as package finished products.
- General store maintenance; you'll wash dishes, mop floors, and help maintain general cleanliness in the store.
All successful applicants must have:
- Open availability to work in our retail location, with the possibility of participating in a local farmers market/trade show.
- Ability to stand and walk during scheduled hours, as well as move boxes of merchandise that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- A passion for selling and people!
Our training will teach you everything you need to know about chocolate to succeed in your position. You will be able to successfully operate the shop in the absence of management. Opportunities for chocolate production positions exist once you have demonstrated effective skill in this role, with advancement opportunities across our growing company.
Previous retail experience is preferred. Bilingualism is a strong asset.
Help us make Ottawa a little bit sweeter!